Six Years Running
2017 marks the sixth year for Team Stop The Clot® as an Official Charity Partner of the TCS New York City Marathon. We’re proud of our history, and even more proud of our 39 runners who crossed the finish line, raised nearly $200,000, and brought blood clot awareness to their family, friends, people across the country, and to spectators along the marathon course.
Six Years Sharing Startling Blood Clot Statistics
- On average, 274 people die every day from blood clots.
- 900,000 cases per year are now suggested by recent scientific modeling and public health statistics.
- 100,000 to 300,000 deaths from blood clots occur each year, which is greater than the total number of people who lose their lives each year to AIDS, breast cancer, and motor vehicle crashes combined.
- On average, one person dies every six minutes from a blood clot. Don’t be one of them. Blood clots can be prevented. Understand the risks. Know the signs and symptoms.
Why Join Team Stop the Clot®?
Beyond a doubt, we’re one of the most supportive, energetic and fun charity teams. Sporting red polka dot shirts and other Team gear, you’ll see us running throughout the US increasing blood clot awareness at 5Ks, 10Ks, Half Marathons and Marathons. Our shirts inspire questions. Our Team members have the answers.
As a member of Team Stop The Clot® your benefits include:
- Access to our past team members – maybe even in your own community
- Team Stop The Clot® Facebook page
- Patient Runner Match Program
- Personalized fundraising webpage and fundraising assistance
- Marathon weekend dinner celebration
- Race day singlet and other Team Stop The Clot® swag
Ready to Run?
Team Stop The Clot® is sure to fill up fast. If you’re filled with motivation, eager to make a difference and ready to put meaning to your miles – we’re ready for you. Our fundraising minimum is $2,500, but many runners create and meet much higher goals. So far, 2015 Team member Phil Kean holds the title of best fundraiser ever. He raised $51,665 and still keeps the link on his email signature. Will you be the one to claim the title from him?
Think about what your personal fundraising goal is and about how much you want to meet or exceed it. Tell us how you plan to raise funds and there is an excellent chance you’ll be running the five boroughs of New York with your red polka dots for Team Stop The Clot®.
Take a few moments to complete the application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by email or fax to 781.784.5531. Applications are reviewed in the order they are received, and entrants will be informed of their status within two weeks of submission.
* Please note, runners interested in joining Team Stop The Clot® who have obtained an official entry from another source are encouraged to join our Team as well. The minimum fundraising requirement for those folks is $750, which allows them all of the team benefits and a whole lot of fun!
Need More Inspiration?
Team Stop the Clot® Contact Information:
Judi Kaplan Elkin, Director, Development & Regional Affairs 703.935.8873
Caitlin Augustine, Development Coordinator, Development & Regional Affairs 703.935.8877