Please Help Us Stop The Clot®
Why Is this Important?
- The lack of awareness about blood clots and their complications, even among health professionals, is startling. Read more here.
- Blood clots affect everyone. You could be at risk and not even know it. Read more here.
- Morbidity and mortality associated with blood clots is high. About 100,000 people die each year in the U.S. due to blood clots. Read more here.
Why should you contribute time or money?
- The real tragedy is that we can save a significant numbers of lives if we can educate the public and train health professionals more effectively.
- Blood clots are relatively easy to treat, but can be difficult to diagnose.
- Even though specialized knowledge about thrombosis and thrombophilia has grown in the past decade, it is still not accessible to many healthcare providers on the front lines. This means that countless patients are being deprived of timely and accurate diagnoses and optimal treatments.
Volunteer. We need your expertise.
- As grassroots organization, volunteers are vital to our operations. If you would like to volunteer for NBCA, please call us at 877 4 NO CLOT or send an email to: email@example.com
Learn more about how you can help here: How to Help