Help Us Fight This Silent Killer – Help Us Stop The Clot®
Why Should you care?
- Because the lack of awareness about blood clots and their complications is startling – even among health professionals.
- Because no one is immune. You’re at risk if you’re male or female, young or old. You’re at risk if you have blood running through your veins!
- Because the mortality and morbidity rate from blood clots is so high, no doubt someone you care about is dealing with their serious consequences.
Why should you contribute time or money?
- Because the real tragedy is that we could save significant numbers of lives if we could educate the public and train health professionals more fully.
- Blood clots are relatively easy to treat but relatively hard to diagnose.
- Even though specialized knowledge about thrombosis and thrombophilia has mushroomed in the past decade, it is still not accessible to many healthcare providers on the front lines. This means that countless patients are being deprived of timely and accurate diagnoses and optimal treatments.
Volunteer. We need your expertise… Now!
As grassroots organization, volunteers are vital to our operations. As a volunteer, you may serve on the fund raising, education or communications committee or on the medical/scientific advisory board. If you are a healthcare professional, we can use your help with outreach and with regional presentations.
Interested in organizing a NBCA event in your community? If so, we look forward to working with you and providing support.
Give us a call at 877 4 NO CLOT or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org