March is Blood Clot Awareness Month (BCAM), which is perhaps one of the most important times of the year for the National Blood Clot Alliance (NBCA), because it is so important, in so many ways, to the community that we serve. It is the perfect opportunity to work together to share resources, stories, and life-saving information about blood clots on a far-reaching scale. This year, NBCA has several new and exciting things taking place in recognition of BCAM: Click here to get involved with Blood Clot Awareness Month 2019
MARCH E-NEWSLETTER HIGHLIGHTS:
- New BCAM Magazine: NBCA is proud to introduce “Personal Perspectives: My Blood Clot, My Life,” the inaugural issue of NBCA’s new BCAM e-magazine. This issue is the first of what we plan to be an annual effort by NBCA to share information focused on issues important to the clotting and clotting disorders community during BCAM. With this work, we hope to shed light on the trials and triumphs experienced by people affected by blood clots. Read our new digital magazine here: “Personal Perspectives: My Blood Clot, My Life“
- NBCA Teams Up with Pro Football Hall of Famer Harry Carson: NBCA is honored to be teamed up with Harry Carson, Pro Football Hall of Famer and also a blood clot survivor, during Blood Clot Awareness Month 2019. Mr. Carson is helping NBCA improve public understanding about blood clots, by sharing his personal story, as well as his insights about his experience. Read his story here.
- New on Instagram: As part of NBCA’s ongoing Women & Blood Clots program, follow our new Women & Blood Clots Instagram account, dedicated to sharing information about the risks women face for blood clots, including risks connected to choices they make about hormonal birth control and family planning, pregnancy and childbirth, and the treatment of menopause symptoms with estrogen.
- Join NBCA as we come together to help save lives by increasing awareness and sharing life-saving information about blood clots. Show your support in honor of Blood Clot Awareness Month by making a gift or fundraising for the campaign: Click here to show your support.
- Upcoming events
- More news and information