Each year, more than 300 million people travel on long-distance flights (more than four hours long), with the total number of long-distance trips (about 657 million) happening from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The summer months are, in fact, the perfect time to travel for some summer fun. As you plan your itinerary and pack your clothes, it’s important to add blood clot prevention to the list of things to do before heading out of town.
May e-Newsletter Highlights:
- June is Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) Awareness Month. Read more.
- Take steps to prevent blood clots. Visit NBCA’s Passport to Safety for more information.
- This year’s Get in Rhythm. Stay in Rhythm.™ Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference, hosted by StopAfib.org, takes place August 3-5, in Dallas, Texas. Get more information and register to attend here.
- Support NBCA’s mission by becoming a monthly donor.
- Upcoming events
- More news and information