This holiday season, the National Blood Clot Alliance (NBCA) wishes you and the people you care about happiness and good health. When you’re gathering with friends, family, colleagues, and neighbors in the coming weeks, take a few moments to share important information about blood clot risks, signs and symptoms, and prevention. Sharing information, including your personal story, is one of the most important things you can do to help raise awareness and possibly reduce the number of lives lost to blood clots. Visit www.stoptheclot.org for information you can share and stay tuned to our social media channels — Facebook, Twitter and Instagram — for personal stories you can share online.
We at NBCA — our Board of Directors, our Medical and Scientific Advisory Board members, and our staff — renew our commitment to provide you with the tools, resources, and information you need to live your healthiest life. We value our connections with you and the VTE community, and we wish you and your family a very healthy and happy Holiday Season and a peaceful New Year.
December e-Newsletter Highlights:
- NEWLY UPDATED: NBCA’s online VTE curriculum, with continuing education credits newly accredited for physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other allied professionals. Register here.
- NEW: General content from our Stop the Clot, Spread the Word™ program is now available in Spanish, and serves as an important new asset for Spanish speaking individuals and their healthcare providers.
- NBCA is participating in the 2018 CrowdRise Holiday Challenge and competing to win $300,000. Help NBCA win BIG this holiday season by making a gift of any amount before January 2.
- The American Society of Hematology (ASH) has announced the new 2018 ASH Clinical Practice Guidelines on Venous Thromboembolism. Read more and access the new guidelines here.
- Upcoming events
- More news and information