This year, NBCA is celebrating 15 years of service in the clotting disorders community, and our mission has long been to advance the prevention, early diagnosis, and successful treatment of life-threatening blood clots. Recognized each year on October 13, World Thrombosis Day (WTD) is a global initiative that combines the efforts of individuals and organizations, like ours, worldwide to help increase awareness about thrombosis or life-threatening blood clots, including blood clots in the leg (deep vein thrombosis or DVT) and blood clots in the lung (pulmonary embolism or PE). The National Blood Clot Alliance is pleased to be a partner in this effort, and we encourage you to get involved too.
In the week leading up to WTD, NBCA will be sharing new graphics, which focus on risk, signs and symptoms, and prevention on our social media channels. Connect with NBCA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to engage and share with us there.
October e-Newsletter Highlights:
- World Thrombosis Day is on October 13. Find out about NBCA’s plans to highlight this special day of blood clot awareness, and find out how you can join us in supporting this important cause.
- In the spirit of World Thrombosis Day, Lora is sharing her story from Scotland. Her life was significantly changed by a DVT and PE that resulted from the delivery of her son via Cesarean section.
- Join the largest open discussion and education on advances in anticoagulant therapy and improved patient care at the AC Forum’s 15th National Conference in Fort Lauderdale, FL April 11-13, 2019.
- After a doctor mistakenly thought Sandy’s shortness of breath was anxiety, her mother – a PE survivor – saved her life. Read Sandy’s story to find out how she teamed up with NBCA to help save lives.
- Upcoming events
- More news and information