Join the National Blood Clot Alliance as we celebrate women’s health this May. Read all of the important details, and find out how you can get involved, below.
NEWS & INFORMATION HIGHLIGHTS:
- National Women’s Health Week: May 9-15: National Women’s Health Week, or NWHW, is May 9-15. Make your health a priority and learn about how choices connected to birth control and family planning, pregnancy and childbirth, and the treatment of menopause symptoms with estrogen can all increase a woman’s risk for a life-threatening blood clot. Learn more here, and follow NBCA on social media for information to share this week.
- Expansion of NBCA’s Medical and Scientific Advisory Board
- New Pregnancy and Thrombophilia Video
- Current Status of C-TRACT Study
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS & EVENTS:
- NBCA and Grifols Expand Partnership: In recognition of Women’s Health Month this year, NBCA extends its appreciation to Grifols for its corporate support and funding to expand our women’s health resources and address the topic of women’s health and clotting disorders, including hereditary antithrombin III deficiency. This work will include a series of “Ask the Expert” Facebook Live sessions. Join the first Facebook Live session on Tuesday, May 11 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern here.
- Katie Hoff to Serve as First NBCA Sports & Wellness Institute Ambassador: This week, NBCA is announcing that Katie Hoff will serve as the first official ambassador for its Sports & Wellness Institute. Read more here.
To read all of NBCA’s March e-Newsletter click the following link: Prioritize Your Health this May