Join the National Blood Clot Alliance as we recognize Men’s Health Week June 14-20. Read all of the important details, and find out how you can get involved, below.
NEWS & INFORMATION HIGHLIGHTS:
- If you think you might be too young or too physically fit to experience a blood clot, think again. Blood clots do not discriminate. They affect people of all ages, race, and gender. During Men’s Health Week, take time to learn your risk and be able to recognize blood clot signs and symptoms. Follow NBCA on social media for information to share this week.
- NBCA is pleased to welcome John Lasker to its Board of Directors. John is vice president of digital media programming for ESPN and a blood clot and PE survivor. Read more here: John Lasker Joins NBCA Board of Directors
- Registration is open for the 2021 Get in Rhythm. Stay in Rhythm.® Virtual Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference, August 6–8. Hear from international medical experts in Afib in a patient-friendly setting. Learn more about how to attend from the comfort of your own home: Details and Registration
- Registration is now open for the 16th National Conference on Anticoagulation Therapy. The conference will be in person in San Francisco, California, October 28-30, and broadcast virtually. Join the largest venue for education about anticoagulation therapy. Register by July 1 for an Early Rate discount. More information: AC Forum 2021
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS & EVENTS:
- Facebook Live Interview with Katie Hoff (Wednesday, July 7, 2021, at 7:00 pm Eastern – Virtual ) – Join NBCA for a Facebook Live event with Olympic swimmer, three-time Olympic medalist, PE survivor, and NBCA Sports & Wellness Institute Ambassador, Katie Hoff, for an interview lead by NBCA Board members John Lasker, of ESPN, Mimi MacKinnon, of the NFL, and Charles Sano, formerly of the Miami Marlins. Learn more about Katie’s personal blood clot experience and the physical and mental impact of blood clots on athletes. Also hear from Katie’s husband, Todd Anderson, about the impact on caregivers and loved ones. Don’t miss it: RSVP on Facebook here. More information and details here.
- 9th Annual Jim Flanagan Memorial Golf Outing (Saturday, August 21, 2021 – Indianapolis, IN) – Registration is now open for the Jim Flanagan Memorial Golf Outing benefiting the National Blood Clot Alliance. Register as a foursome or support the event as a hole sponsor today: Details and Registration
- 50th Running of the TCS New York City Marathon (Sunday, November 7, 2021 – New York, NY) – Are you interested in running with Team Stop the Clot® as they take their personal blood clot experiences to the finish line? Don’t miss the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the TCS New York City Marathon. Apply today and get the details here.
- Are you interested in hosting an event in your community to help raise awareness and funds to support a future in which fewer lives are lost to preventable blood clots? Host a walk, run, bike, golf, or another event to help Stop the Clot®. Together we can save lives. For more information, contact Tarin Patrikis, Director of Development, at email@example.com.
To read all of NBCA’s March e-Newsletter click the following link: Men’s Health Week is Here!