This past year gave way to many shining moments for the National Blood Clot Alliance (NBCA), as we expanded several of our most valuable programs and services to reach even more patients needing information and support:
- We unveiled a crucial new component of our signature Stop the Clot, Spread the Word® awareness campaign, as part of our cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, helping to raise awareness about cancer as a major risk factor for blood clots.
- We expanded our work with the Rowan Foundation, and our Women & Blood Clots program, by delivering potentially life-saving information about estrogen-based birth control and blood clot risks directly into the hands of the young women who need it most – young women on college campuses across the country.
- We partnered with Pro Football Hall of Famer and blood clot survivor Harry Carson, during Blood Clot Awareness Month in March, to share his personal story and increase awareness about blood clot risks, signs and symptoms, prevention, and recovery.
- We unveiled our new e-Magazine – Personal Perspectives: My Blood Clot, My Life – as a resource for people recovering from blood clots and their families.
- We expanded our Stop the Clot® Online Support Community this year, with more than 5,000 online members now.
Our work would not be possible without your ongoing support and dedication to our mission. Your donations, fundraisers, and attendance at local events add depth and breath to our efforts. As we head into the new year together, we at NBCA – our Board of Directors, our Medical and Scientific Advisory Board members, and our Staff – remain committed to providing you with essential tools and resources, as well as news, updates, and information to support you and keep you informed about blood clots, clotting conditions, treatments and prevention. We value our connections to the community, and we wish you and your family the best and the brightest this holiday season, as well as a happy and healthy new year…and new decade.
DECEMBER E-NEWSLETTER HIGHLIGHTS:
- NFL Linebacker Leon Jacobs Steps up to Stop the Clot®
- Your Stories: Inspiring the Promise of A Better Tomorrow
- NEW: Ansell Fellowship Program
- Listen Up: New Podcast from CDC About Travel & Blood Clots
- Make a Meaningful Holiday Gift
- ‘Tis the Season of Giving Back