This segment defines:
- Hemostasis = normal blood clotting
- Thrombosis = excessive blood clotting,
- Thrombophilia = predisposition to thrombosis
- DVT = deep vein thrombosis (clot in leg)
- PE = pulmonary embolus (clot in lung)
- VTE = venous thromboembolism (DVTs and PEs).
The National Alliance for Thrombosis and Thrombophilia Stop the Clot Forum. Guest speaker Mark T. Reding, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Division of Hematology, Oncology, & Transplantation, and Director of the Center for Bleeding and Clotting Disorders at the University of Minnesota.