Stop the Clot® – What Every Healthcare Professional Should Know
A. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Program Description: This self-paced, online course provides the most current foundational information and clinical considerations to assess and treat patients with blood clots and clotting disorders, or those at risk of blood clots, to improve the ability of healthcare professionals to manage these patients.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Other Healthcare Professionals
Content: 1) Basics of Blood Clots 2) Thrombophilia & Blood Clots 3) Anticoagulation Medication 4) Post Thrombotic Syndrome 5) Pulmonary Hypertension 6) Prevention of Blood Clots
Available Continuing Education Credits: Physicians, CME (2.5) Nurses, CNE (2.4) Other Professionals, CEU (0.2)
Important Note About Continuing Education Credits: This curriculum does not provide continuing medical education credits for pharmacists or CPEs.
To use this online curriculum, you will need to enable cookies in your browser.
If you have already registered and are returning to continue your course please click here.
Please address questions or comments about the curriculum to firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Blood Clot Alliance developed and designed this curriculum with support provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under Cooperative Agreement 5U27DD000545.
C. IMPORTANT GUIDANCE: EVALUATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Continuing education for this course is only available through the CDC Training and Continuing Education Online system (CDC TCEO). Please follow the instructions provided below. You must complete the online evaluation by October 10, 2016 to receive your continuing education or your certificate of completion.
To complete your online evaluation:
- Go to CDC TCEO at http://www.cdc.gov/tceonline/. Select Participant Login to login. If you are new to TCEO, select New Participant to create a user ID and password.
- Once logged on to CDC TCEO, the Participant Services page will display. Select the Search and Register Select a search method to locate the course and click on View.
- Click on the course name, and the course information page will display. Scroll down to Register Here. Select the type of CE that you would like to receive and then select Submit.
- The next page requests demographic information. New participants are required to answer the demographic questions. Returning participants please verify this information and select Submit.
- A message will display thanking you for registering for the course. If you have already completed the course you may select the option to take the evaluation.
- If you have not completed the course, you will be directed back to Participant Services. Under Evaluations and Tests you may access the course detail page, the course link, or the evaluation and/or posttest after completing the course
- Complete the evaluation and Submit. If a posttest is required it will follow the evaluation. A record of your course completion and your CE certificate will be posted in the Transcript and Certificate section, located on the Participant Services
If you have any questions or problems, please contact:
CDC/ATSDR Training and Continuing Education Online, 1-800-41TRAIN – Email at email@example.com