Resources for Healthcare Providers
Stop the Clot®: What Every Healthcare Professional Should Know
Continuing Education is available for nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, physicians, or other interested healthcare professionals. Click here for a course description. Click here to register.
- Building a Partnership with the Newly Anticoagulated Patient More...
- Overcoming the Headache of Fluctuating INRs More...
Tools for Your Practice
Looking for materials for your clinics? Hoping to find information that is accurate and written in understandable language? The following list of materials has been reviewed by the NBCA Education Committee and Medical and Scientific Advisory Board and are recommended resources for patient education.
- Antithrombin Deficiency: An In-Depth Guide for Patient and healthcare Providers
- Antiphospholipid Antibodies
- Factor V Leiden
- Homocystine and MTHFR Mutations: Relation to Thrombosis and Coronary Artery Disease
- Inherited antithrombin deficiency: a review
- Protein C deficiency
- Protein S deficiency
- Prevention of DVT and PE
- Prothrombin 20210A Mutation
- Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Treatment of Blood Clots
Online Learning Modules
Are you looking for a great resource to share with other healthcare providers, and the public, about prevention of deep vein thrombosis? Would you some advice about how to develop awareness campaigns in your community?
An online learning module produced by the American Society on Aging and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is available to help you with these questions. The NBCA Education Committee had the opportunity to participate in the writing and review of this module. We hope you will utilize this resource, which is accessible at: http://www.asaging.org/cdc/module9/home.cfm.