Webinar: Building a Partnership with the Newly Anticoagulated Patient
Click here to view the recorded webinar using Windows Media Player: Building a Partnership with the Newly Anticoagulated Patient
Click here to download from Apple iTunes: Podcast
- Webinar Slide Deck – PDF Document
- Informational Resources for Healthcare Professional Working with Newly Anticoagulated Patients – PDF Document
- Selected Assessment for Newly Anticoagulated Patients
For a patient video on Coumadin® (warfarin) from the manufacturer:
For patient information on Lovenox®, a low molecular weight heparin, from the manufacturer:
For patient information on Arixtra® (fondaparinux sodium) from the manufacturer:
- Atreja A, Bellam N., Levy, S. Strategies to Enhance Patient Adherence: Making it Simple. MedGenMed 2005; 7(1) 4. Published online 2005 March 15. Medscape General Medicine.
- Wofford, James L et al. Best strategies for patient education about anticoagulation with warfarin: a systematic review BMC Health Services Research 2008, 8:40. www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6936/8/40
- Schillinger, Dean et al. Language, Literacy, and Communication Regarding Medication in an Anticoagulation Clinic: A Comparison of Verbal vs. Visual Assessment. Journal of Health Communication, 11:651-664, 2006.
Note: The National Blood Clot Alliance does not endorse any products or manufacturers, including those referenced in these resources.