The National Blood Clot Alliance is hosting a webinar for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Blood Disorders, on Thursday, December 6, from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Eastern Time.
This talk – Scientific Update on Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Orthopedic Surgery: Making Sense of the Recommendations – will be presented by Dr. Mike Streiff and moderated by Dr. Scott Kaatz.
In this webinar, Dr. Streiff will discuss the following:
- The epidemiology of VTE after orthopedic surgery
- Landmark studies of thromboprophylaxis
- Current recommendations for VTE prevention after orthopedic surgery
- An overview of current studies of VTE prophylaxis for orthopedic surgery
- Potential future directions in orthopedic thromboprophylaxis
Additional Information and Contact
Advance registration is required and the number of seats is limited. You can register for the webinar here: Registration
This webinar is free and open to public health professionals, clinicians, and researchers who desire more information about venous thromboembolism (VTE).