The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine will hold a virtual workshop on April 23, 2021 from 10:30 am-5:30 pm ET to examine opportunities for achieving excellence in the diagnosis of acute cardiovascular events within the U.S. health care system.
This workshop will focus on the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome, stroke, and pulmonary embolism. Topics for invited presentations and discussions include:
- The vision for excellence in the diagnosis of acute cardiovascular events
- Challenges and opportunities in diagnosis
- System improvement strategies for diagnosis
- Strategies to address health disparities and promote health equity in diagnosis
- Diagnostic pathways
- Novel tools for diagnosis