Stop the Clot®: What Every Healthcare Professional Should Know
Target Audience: Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants
Description: Self-paced online course on the risk, prevention, and treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism (DVT/PE) and blood clotting disorders.
Content: 1/Basics of Clotting; 2/Basics of Thrombophilia; 3/Anticoagulant Medications; 4/Prevention of Post-Thrombotic Syndrome and Pulmonary Hypertension; 5/Prevention of DVT/PE Recurrence
Click here to register. To use the curriculum be sure to enable cookies in your browser.
If you have already registered and are returning to continue your course please click here.
Continuing Education: Available for nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, physician assistants, and physicians.
National Blood Clot Alliance developed this blended online program to foster awareness of thrombosis and thrombophilia amongst healthcare professionals to improve their ability to provide quality care to patients with blood clots and clotting disorders. The content includes graphics, videos, interactive exercises, and review questions to engage the learner.
National Blood Clot Alliance is proud of this curriculum, which advances its mission to prevent, diagnose and treat thrombosis and thrombophilia through research, education, support and advocacy. As a patient led advocacy organization committed to quality care, the National Blood Clot Alliance Board sees this program as an essential element.
This curriculum could not have been developed without the commitment and expertise of these dedicated volunteer healthcare professionals who are members of the Curriculum Development Team, and to whom National Blood Clot Alliance owes its sincere appreciation:
- Brenda Riske, RN MS MBA MPA, (Chair) University of Colorado Denver/Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center
- Mary Lou Damiano, RN MEd, Arizona Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center
- Laura Earl, RN BSN CACP. University of New Mexico Hospitals Anticoagulation Services
- Kathleen McCool, PharmD BCPS CACP, Kaiser Permanente Health Sciences Center
- Skye Peltier, MPH PA-C, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Elizabeth Varga, MS CGC, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Diane Wirth, ANP-BC CACP, Grady Health System
- Stephan Moll, MD, University of North Carolina Thrombophilia Program
- Catherine B. Tencza, MS, Instructional Designer, Tencza Designs
National Blood Clot Alliance acknowledges the guidance and support of Sara Critchley, RN MS, Project Officer for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as Alan Brownstein, MPH, National Blood Clot Alliance Chief Executive Officer, and Principal Investigator, and Mary Ellen McCann, RN MA, Director, Health Learning & Marketing and Project Manager.
National Blood Clot Alliance appreciates the ongoing support of its Board, as well as its Medical and Scientific Advisory Board that reviewed its content, under the leadership of Jack Ansell, MD.
This curriculum was supported by Cooperative Agreement U27 DD00326 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.