The National Blood Clot Alliance(NBCA) announces a video series of its signature Stop The Clot® Forum held in Minneapolis last fall that will be on www.stoptheclot.org and YouTube starting today. Its theme is Thrombosis & Thrombophilia: The New Frontier in Public Health, and was produced as part of a Cooperative Agreement with The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Minnesota chapter of NBCA (NBCA-MN) presented this comprehensive Stop The Clot® Forum to address the key issues faced by patients and families affected by blood clots and clotting disorders.
The first segmented installment is entitled “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Clotting.” and is already online. Other installments videos will be released approximately every other week through February 2010. Future episodes include:
- “Our Genes Our Stories: Inherited Blood Clotting Disorders”. Matthew Bower, MA, Genetic Counselor, University of Minnesota
- “Women’s Issues with Blood Clotting” Colleen T. Morton, MD, Hematology and Oncology HealthPartners Regions Hospital and HealthPartners Riverside
- “Complications After a Clot: Rehab Strategies” Marie Christine Leisz, DO, Sister Kinney Institute, Allina Hospital
- “The Voices of Experience: A Panel of Patients Living with Blood Clots”, Lisa Boyd, Dale Hammerschmidt, MD, Pam Pariana, Carl Cadwallader
- “A Patient’s Perspective and Launching a Support Group”. Pat Koppa, MPH, Public Health Consultants, LLC
All installments will be available on NBCA’s new YouTube channel and through NBCA’s Website at www.stoptheclot.org. NBCA CEO Alan P. Brownstein said that “the patient and medical leadership of NBCA-MN produced this excellent educational program that will benefit hundreds of thousands of patients and family members across the United States.”
The video production for these programs was done by REM Video & Event Company, St. Louis Park, Minnesota.