We at NBCA are always inspired by your enthusiasm for the work that we do, but never more so than during some of our more pronounced educational efforts, such as during Blood Clot Awareness Month, which we recognized last month. As spring kicks off, we’re excited to share a small sample of some of our Blood Clot Awareness Month successes with you through our April e-Newsletter. Also, find out how you can stay involved in the weeks and months to ahead.
April e-Newsletter Highlights:
- Stay connected with NBCA throughout the year, and help us share life-saving information about blood clot risks, signs and symptoms, and prevention. One of the ways that you can do this is to join our social media sharing program: Share to Stop the Clot®.
- NBCA Facebook Followers participated in an online survey conducted by researchers at the University of Minnesota to evaluate patient concerns and preferences associated with both old and newer anticoagulant medications. Read the study results.
- In this month’s MASAB Memo, NBCA’s MASAB Chair Dr. Mike Streiff looks at new study results, as presented at a large hematology meeting late last year, about the treatment of vein blood clots in cancer patients. Read Dr. Streiff’s MASAB Memo here.
- Maddie first learned about blood clots from reading the warning label on her birth control prescription, but she never thought one would happen to her, especially in her brain. Read about her experience, and find out how she chooses to stay positive.
- Last Chance to Register: Join Team Stop the Clot®, on Sunday, May 6, and cycle 40 miles through each borough of NYC on streets that will be free of cars. Applications are being accepted through April 23. Don’t wait, click here to join the team today.
- Upcoming events
- More news and information