Did you know there is a way you can double your donation to The National Blood Clot Alliance at no additional cost to you?
Many employers offer matching gifts programs in which your contribution to the National Blood Clot Alliance is matched by your company with a donation of its own, usually dollar for dollar. In effect, your contribution is doubled and sometimes even tripled.
Companies often want to support nonprofit organizations that benefit the health of people within their own communities. Blood clots and clotting disorders affect Americans who live and work in every state and province of the United States and Canada, so chances are you or someone you know has experienced the devastating and often deadly effects blood clot. Many National Blood Clot Alliance donors already utilize their companies’ matching gift programs.
So, how do you get started? Procedures vary from employer to employer but the following example is typical:
- Visit your human resources department to see if your employer has a matching gifts program and to obtain a matching gifts form
- Fill out the employee portion of the form and mail it with your donation to the National Blood Clot Alliance
- We fill out our portion of the form, certifying that we have received your donation, and then we forward that information back to your employer
- Your employer verifies your eligibility and ensures that the National Blood Clot Alliance has met the company’s requirements
- Your employer sends the matching gift to us
- NBCA is 501(c)(3) public charity and our Federal tax ID is 56-2425135
Please consider joining us by looking into your employer’s matching gift policy when making a donation. If you have any questions, please contact The National Blood Clot Alliance Development Office at 914.200.5040 X 246 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .